Friday, September 10, 2010

Non coffee or energy drink substitutes

I'm looking into alternatives to coffee and energy drinks for staying up during class and during my overnight work shifts. I've been finding coffee is having an alternative effect as well as the engery drinks that I crash after a few hours. Which really isn't good for either work or school!

There's lots said on taking a cold shower or drinking large amounts of cold water but I'm not sure about you, that does not work for me and I don't have time to shower between classes :P

I'll have to get back to you on this matter as they is a wide variety of leaves and herbs for teas that are good for the purpose of staying up and other health benefits. I want to try and research the information on these alternatives before I post more.

Look into it yourself if you like! So far my top two to look into would be mate (a leaf for steeping tea) and kombucha (also a tea) but I'm sure about as there is mixed responses on this one. Some people love it and other says it's a great tea but burns a bit when drinking, not sure if I'll enjoy it myself.

Update more soon on this matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment