Thursday, August 5, 2010

Organic Conditioners

Alright I tried the virgin coconut oil by it's self as a conditioner and found since my hair is oily, straight and very thin it only made things worse for me. The coconut oil is very good in making the hair smooth and straight so probably best for dry, curly or "Full" hair!

The following is a series of Organic Conditioners and over the next few weeks I'll refer back to this blog on my progress of trying them all, the beer one I think I will try out camping next week!

Some of these have an ease of mixing up and rinsing out and others I'll put near the end need more time to complete.

Diluted Honey
For soft and silky hair
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup honey
-you may need to rinse more than once

Lemon Delight
Shine and lighten
1/4 cup plain yogurt; better plain and full fat
1 egg yolk
lemon; pinch of rind or squirt of juice

Tropical Dandruff
Shine and straightener
3 tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup coconut oil
-it is said the lime cuts the oiliness

I'm not trying that one right away I want nice looking hair! I look a bit of a saggy bum right now!

Beer Locks
Strengthens
1 bottle of beer
-smells like beer after

I think I'll try this one camping next week and rinse out in the lake, any of my besties want to try with me! Ha!

These following conditioners take a little more time and may be for a rainy day to treat yourself and your hair:

Avocado Mayo
Leave in 20 min after rubbing into scalp
1 small jar of Mayo or 1/4 cup of Mayo
1 Avocado
-mix until greenish and I'm guessing on the amt of Mayo I don't know how much a small jar is?!

Avocado Hair Spa
Moisturizing; good for face mask at same time
Leave in 15-20 min after rubbing into scalp
1 avocado
1 egg yolk

Bananas and Honey
Leave in 20 min after rubbing into scalp
1 banana
1/2 cup of honey
- puree banana in blender

I'll try these over the next while and report back, if anyone else is trying them please comment back your results as well to help us all...

GOING BACK TO BASICS
~Heather~

1 comment:

  1. haha the beer locks sound smelly...might be best to keep the beer for drinking... i'll give it a shot with you though when we're at the cottage

    ReplyDelete