Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Virgin Coconut Oil Benefits

My best friend is a health nut and has been raving for years about the benefits for coconut oil as a food product and moisturizer. She'd always tell me about the benefits of having a spoon of oil a day and then using the oil after showers to get smooth skin! And if anyone is interested, neither of us can say but coconut can be used as a fresh sexual lubricant. I'm sure it would smell great during, just opening the jar is delicious.

I got a jar of coconut oil from a health food store for less then $30, the one I got is called now. You can get regular, virgin or extra virgin; I have the NOW virgin coconut oil (orange label). When using it as a moisturizer it's suggested that extra virgin is better for sensitive skin, which I do have so I'll let you know what I find out using the virgin type instead. I should have researched that first before buying but it's a experiment this going back to basics! I'll just have to try to find out along the way.

After having a spoon full of the oil it went down smooth and tasted great! It is a little weird at first but it's coconut so if you don't like coconut shavings in baking goods you won't like the taste of coconut oil! I leaked some over the side of the jar and my hands now smell delicious. Lady fingers anyone!

The benefits of having a spoon or two if you like as described on the jar are numerous.
  • Fights diseases and bacterias, such as herpes, HIV, flu and the cold
  • contain vitamin E and K as well as iron, good if you are anemic
  • as a good conditioner, you just massage it into the scalp and rinse it out
  • moisturizer, just rub it onto your skin as you would any cream
  • has antioxidants to prevent aging
  • good for digestion and weight loss
There are many, many more things that I tire of listing them all just try coconut oil! I'm going for shower now so that I can try out moisturizering with the coconut oil, post later what I find out!

Later down the road look for natural hair care and I want to learn how to make all natural shampoos and conditioners...
GOING BACK TO BASICS
~Heather~

No comments:

Post a Comment